Monday, February 22, 2010

Burritos

My favorite thing about this recipe-my favorite thing-is that it freezes so well. My mom and I (with help from my husband, bro-in-law, and sister) recently made 18 freezer meals and split those up between her family, mine, and my sisters. I'm in love with freezer cooking I think. Anyway, this is one of the dishes we made and I didn't get to taste it until a week later. So good and ridiculously simple. If I make these again, I'll probably make some for dinner that night and an extra batch (or two!) for the freezer. Beats store-bought frozen burritos any day.
Because this recipe was frozen in advance, and making 18 meals in one afternoon gets rather chaotic, I didn't get a chance to take step-by-step pictures. I'm going to skip straight to the recipe on this one. Forgive me! I haven't tried this yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that these will microwave in a jiffy too. These are awesome served with sour cream and salsa, and I bet they'd be delicious with guacamole on the side too!

Burritos
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 small can diced green chilis
1 package burrito seasoning
10 slices cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas

Brown the ground beef. Stir in refried beans, green chilis and burrito seasoning (if meat is still warm it's easier to mix). Divide and place equal amount of meat mix into into each prewarmed tortilla (easier to wrap.) Top with a slice of cheddar cheese and roll like a burrito, tucking the sides in first. Serve immediately. Double/triple this recipe and wrap extra burritos individually in tin foil and place in freezer safe zip lock bag. Freeze for up to 6 months. To serve, cook frozen burritos (wrapped in tin foil) in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 40 min.
Thanks Anna for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails