Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have so many delicious pumpkin recipes ready to share with you in the coming weeks! I know I should have posted these earlier in October but to me, pumpkin is just as much a November treat as anything. I mean, Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? Unforgivable.

I have been wanting to try a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe for quite awhile. Actually, ever since I tried one of these cookies at my local grocery store where I got my flu shot. Last year. They make my favorite PCC cookies. So I hunted down this recipe from allrecipes.com. I made a few slight adjustments based on reviews and my personal preference for a cookie. 

These cookies are really good. Initially I found them a bit bland and wished I added a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice rather than the teaspoons of cinnamon it called for. However, upon chilling in my fridge, the taste sort of... amplified. I think I'll still try it with the pumpkin pie spice next time around for comparison's sake.

I will warn you though... should you arrange your cookies on a plate to take a picture, then walk away to grab your camera and get distracted by one of your kids who needs computer help... you might come back to something that looks like this:

And a cute little face that looks like this:
Just saying. :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
www.allrecipes.com

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
or 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

Notes: I baked these at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. I used a medium cookie scoop and got about 30 cookies. After scooping the dough, I dropped the pan onto the counter a couple of times. Refrigerate cookies after they cool for the best taste. You could also add 2-3 drops of red food coloring for a more orange color, as these turn out very lightly orange.

Click on the recipe card to enlarge. Right click to save, and print as a 4x6 recipe card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails