Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins


You know how I blogged over at The Lunch Diva
Well, I got this recipe from her site. It's so easy. So ridiculously easy.
And let's call a spade a spade here:
these are really cupcakes.
But feel free to call them muffins if it makes you feel good. Serve them with cream cheese frosting and feel really good until you step on the scale.
Advice: don't step on the scale.

It's no secret that I love to bake. I also love sharing that love with my kids (and they love this too). That's alotta love goin' around. This would be a great recipe for kids, especially if they're ready to go solo in the kitchen. I love a recipe you just can't screw up, don't you?

First, you'll need to assemble your ingredients:
 Yup, that's all you need! Oh, and by the way? Completely coincidental that everything here is brand name. I only buy brand name where it counts (like Oreos!), unless the good stuff is on sale. Oh, and I have here a big can of pumpkin. You will need a small can of pumpkin OR use about half the can and save the rest for one of the other yummy pumpkin recipes appearing soon!
Then mix your ingredients (the batter will be thick), and scoop them into a paper-lined muffin tin.

Have I told you about this little gadget?


It's my cupcake scoop! I have a cookie scoop (aka an ice cream scoop), but I found it a bit small for cupcake batter. So I bought a 4 oz. cookie scoop specifically for cupcake batter and it works like a dream. I'm such a sucker for kitchen gadgets. :)


Pumpkin Muffins
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.

Click on recipe card to enlarge. Right click to save, and print as a 4x6 recipe card. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails