Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


Last Saturday, I needed to get out of the house. Like, really. My husband rarely understands this need since he's hardly ever home during the week. But since I hardly ever leave the house, except for trips to and from the school, on weekends I gotta get out. I talk and beg and sometimes I can get him to come out with me. This weekend was a total fail on that front. 

So I took Garden with me to Robert's, our "local" craft store. (I say "local" because they moved the one a mile away and now I have to drive 20 minutes to get to one.) There I found something I've been casually searching for: holiday Scentsy candle wax! Okay, not really Scentsy, but it's wax that comes in a brick and made for a nifty little wax warmer that looks remarkably like the Scentsy candle warmer I have at home. So Garden and I smelled every single holiday wax. So, so, so yummy! I finally ended up with Cinnamon & Cider. Love! I'm officially in the holiday mood.
Like I wasn't before!

Which leads me to this bread; this rather fabulous, tasty loaf of bread! This is the bread we look forward to all year, and it's not exactly strange for us to be scarfing this bread down in April! But in our house, something pumpkin baking in the oven means it is definitely the holiday season. So warm up those ovens, and bake up some delicious, super-moist pumpkin bread!

And by the way, since we're friends: I'm currently testing the freezing capabilities of this sucker. Meaning, there is frozen bread batter/dough/mix (?) in my freezer. Soon I'll pop it in the oven and see how it bakes up, and I'll let you know!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

3 c. white sugar
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
4 eggs
3 1/2 c. flour
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. nutmeg
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 c. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill pans 1/2 full. Bake for 1 hour, or until knife comes out clean. Cook on wire racks before removing from pans.

Here's your recipe card! Click to enlarge, right click to save, and print as a 4x6 recipe card. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails