Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Brownies

Ok, I know I've totally slacked off on posting. My lame-o excuse #1 is that I cook and bake in the evenings and during the winter the light is non-existent. The lighting in my kitchen is terrible to cook by, forget about photography! That's my biggest excuse coupled with other even lamer excuses (such as "I forgot to take pictures of what I just made," "My kitchen is a mess, there's no way I'm taking pictures right now," "I've posted about this already, I'm in such a food rut," or my favorite, "Cooking? Forget it, I'm taking a nap."


One not lame excuse, and in my opinion is a viable reason, is that we temporarily have custody of my sweet step kids. Which is a wonderful blessing, but my life is even less conducive to blogging than normal. BUT I have a quick little post for you today, and I have several more posts ready to get up asap. I wanted to post this one because tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and perhaps you need a Slacker Mom treat to prepare for your family tomorrow? I thought you might.

This recipe is something I came up with, but it's kind of cheatery to call it "my" recipe. Let's look at the ingredients: boxed brownies, prepared as directed but unbaked, and one can of frosting. Obviously this is a recipe that doesn't take a lot of brain power. You can, of course, make your own fabulous brownie batter from scratch. More power to you if you do, but this is a slacker mom post, not a super mom post. :) Feel free to use our good friend Betty Crocker and don't feel bad if you do!







Love Brownies
1 brownie mix, batter prepared as directed
1 can white frosting
food coloring

Prepare a jelly roll pan (15x20x1) with a piece of parchment paper. Spray with baking spray. Bake brownies at 350 degrees on jelly roll pan for approximately 20 minutes (ovens will vary), until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool. Using a cookie cutter, cut out hearts. Heat up frosting in microwave on high for 1 minute. Add food coloring, stir. Pour over brownie hearts and decorated as desired.

Here's your recipe card. Click on the card to open it, then right click to save. Print as a 4x6 recipe card. Enjoy!
This digi kit was created by my fabulous neighbor, Carina Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails